So, I just realized I haven't really updated my journal in a while. This is sad. What can I say? It's not that I don't have time for deviantART, I just only check it once a week now. School kind of consumes my life right now. It's my last semester of undergrad, which is super exciting, yet nerve wracking at the same time. I've been working on my portfolio and I finally have my own website for showcasing my work in a professional manner. I need to get a sketch blog since I hardly ever sketch and I think having a blog would prompt me to draw more. I dunno, we will see.
I'll give you guys a brief summary of what has been going on this past year:
1. I adopted a cat from the local shelter. He is a massive black panther beast that goes by the name of Levi. He's just great.
2. I've been working on making realistic portraits in charcoal and graphite, and trying to refine my skills in oil. Hopefully I can update my deviantART when I get some decent pics of my work.
3. I entered some of my work into a local portrait show where I received an honorable mention.
4. Just this past Tuesday the university had it's Juried Student Art Show Reception. My father came up for the event which was really nice. I entered 10 pieces and 6 of them got in. I was really happy with that result. I received first place in the drawing, painting, and printmaking categories. The university also bought two of my pieces, one a print and the other an oil painting. It was really exciting to get that kind of recognition for my work.
5. The senior art class also had their exhibits. The class exhibits were divided into two categories: Design and Photography, and Studio Art. Both shows were really successful, I think.
And other than watching massive amounts of Supernatural (I have all the Destiel feels), Breaking Bad, and Hell on Wheels, that's about all that's been going on.